5x120 hub conversion?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5x120 hub conversion?

I just purchased a set of 2010-15 Camaro 20" wheels for my Bravada project and was wondering if anyone here has done a hub conversion to fit the smaller center bore and larger lug studs the newer cars use. I didn't see any answers to my question when I searched the forum. The Camaro and many newer GM cars use a 120x5 bolt pattern with 14x1.5 studs. Looking at the Specs for the 2010-15 Camaro hub on Moogs website shows they have 30 spline centers also instead of the 27 spline my Bravada supposedly has.

Basically, I was looking to see if anyone knows if there is an off the shelf newer hub that will bolt to our knuckles, work with our axles, and convert to 5x120 bolt pattern. If not then I will start looking into having either my wheels machined out or having my hubs machined down and redrilled to the correct pattern and size.

Thanks in advance.
    Kenneth R Zink II
    2001 Chevy S10 - Turbo 4.3L SFI conversion (Black Beauty)
    2000 GMC Jimmy SLT - Stock (J10)
    1994 Olds Bravada - Soon to be 455 Olds powered (Rocket)

Is the pattern on your Bravada 5x120.65? If the new Camaro pattern is 5x120, I believe that is the same as BMW. And I think that I have seen threads on this site about members using BMW wheels on our SyTy's and they fit with no mods. Are the lug nuts bigger diameter on newer Camaro than on your Bravada? If so could you not just purchase lug nuts that are the correct diameter as on your Bravada to use with the wheels? Please do a little searching for info to see if it is correct or not. I may be way off on my thinking. Also, verify how much length you need the lugs to be. The lugs on my Ty were to short when I upgraded wheels. NAPA sells longer stock diameter lugs for our trucks.

Edit: Do Camaro's have offset wheels? Does your Bravada? These are other factors, but you may already be aware of these.
    Phil
    91 Syclone 2097
    92 Typhoon 0042 Black/Black
    93 Typhoon 1955 Royal Blue

Comment

Originally posted by wildphil View Post
      Is the pattern on your Bravada 5x120.65? If the new Camaro pattern is 5x120, I believe that is the same as BMW. And I think that I have seen threads on this site about members using BMW wheels on our SyTy's and they fit with no mods. Are the lug nuts bigger diameter on newer Camaro than on your Bravada? If so could you not just purchase lug nuts that are the correct diameter as on your Bravada to use with the wheels? Please do a little searching for info to see if it is correct or not. I may be way off on my thinking. Also, verify how much length you need the lugs to be. The lugs on my Ty were to short when I upgraded wheels. NAPA sells longer stock diameter lugs for our trucks.

Edit: Do Camaro's have offset wheels? Does your Bravada? These are other factors, but you may already be aware of these.
      wildphil, Thank you for your reply. I have been doing research but much like Bono, I still haven't found what I'm looking for but here is what I have and have researched so far.

I have a pair of Moog 513061 Hubs with the standard GM 5x4.75" (5x120.65) bolt pattern and M12x1.5 studs. My Rotors are PowerStop Evolution AR82113XPR 14" rotors also with a 5x4.75 bolt pattern from a 2013 Z06 Corvette. My wheels are 2010-15 Camaro 20x8JxIS35 (Front) and 20x9JxIS40 (Rear) both use M14x1.4 studs. (Yes, I know the're filthy. I just bought all 4 for $350 and haven't had a chance to clean them up yet.) The 5x120 and 5x120.65 are close enough on the pattern that it is not a real issue. I have been reading through the Sport Machines 14" Z06 Rotors + 4 Piston CTS-V Brembo Calipers thread and see that many wheels seem to fit, but the problem I seem to be having is the hub center bore of my wheels is about 1/8" smaller diameter then the hub assemblies. According to Moog's website, the 513124 hubs mentioned for the 2000+ Blazer/Jimmy list the same 70.1mm (2.759") Wheel Pilot Diameter as my 513061 hubs. The Camaro hubs have a 66.9mm (2.633") Wheel Pilot Diameter. I was just hoping that someone had looked and found a bolt on hub that has 5x120/120.65 w/ M14x1.5 studs and 27 splines (not 30 like the Camaro), I may just need to have the wheels opened up to fit the S/T-Series hubs. That way, If I have a hub failure, I will not have to have a hub turned down again before it can be used. I will try contacting Moog tomorrow and talk with their tech support, but I'm a bit pessimistic on the outcome being favorable.

Thanks in advance for any help or advise you guys have.

P.S. I tried uploading some pics, but I wouldn't let me post them.
      Kenneth R Zink II

Comment

I hope you find someone that has knowledge that will help you in your application.
        Phil
        91 Syclone 2097
        92 Typhoon 0042 Black/Black
        93 Typhoon 1955 Royal Blue

Comment

Thank you. I did not have an opportunity to call Moog today, but I will try them tomorrow and report here.
          Kenneth R Zink II

Comment

Well, as I suspected, there is not a bolt on conversion hub to do what I need. I am now talking to a machine shop to see about having the cnter bore of the wheel opened up and what I can do about the M12 studs vs the M14 holes.
            Kenneth R Zink II

Comment

I put 2011 Camaro 20s on my Syclone. I just honed out the inside of the rim a little. I installed larger head lugnuts too.

My post from years ago:

http://www.syty.net/forums/forum/syt...o-wheels/page5
              Last edited by JAY; 12-27-2018, 06:05 PM.
              Former owner of Syclone 613
              2005 Silverado crew SS
              1987 Buick Grand National

Comment

Working...
              X