SyTy/SGT - Forums Advertise on SyTy.net

Go Back   SyTy/SGT - Forums > SyTy Tech Areas > Chassis Electrical & Accessories

Old 03-15-2017, 06:50 AM   #1
Quickstop [UK]
Combating adversyty.

Send a message via Yahoo to Quickstop [UK] Send a message via Skype™ to Quickstop [UK]
Autometer - Full sweep electrical fuel pressure gauge failed

Has anyone else had an electrical fuel pressure gauge fail?

I was going to get a replacement but they are $250!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I love
video!
Quickstop [UK] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 06:56 AM   #2
Slyclone

Re: Autometer - Full sweep electrical fuel pressure gauge failed

What failed?

Go to autometer.com and print out A repair service form.
1991 Syclone #678 parked.
1992 Typhoon #413 Sold

- When the turbo spins the bullshit ends.
Slyclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 09:42 AM   #3
Brassmonkey
Cruzin' Mel Man

Send a message via Yahoo to Brassmonkey

I have had 5 from Glow Shift fail, so I gave up on having a FPG for now. Glow Shift gauges are cheap in price and quality.

Keep your fork
Brassmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 11:59 AM   #4
fauXGT
Brick Pilot

Was wanting to put one on the SoGT to monitor it from the cab but opted for the mechanical $30 liquid filled and adaptor on the fuel line under the hood (bonnet).
If a quality one for $250 fails, then I'll keep my setup.
Sonoma GT #15 Teal
'91 Sonoma ext cab GT conversion
fauXGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 01:09 PM   #5
Quickstop [UK]
Combating adversyty.

Send a message via Yahoo to Quickstop [UK] Send a message via Skype™ to Quickstop [UK]

Yeah, I am pretty disappointed. I thought I remembered them having a lifetime warranty but I guess not. Looks like I'll be shipping it back for repair.

I love
video!
Old 03-15-2017, 03:55 PM   #6
Couger1968
Dazed and Confused

https://www.plxdevices.com/Fluid-Oil...7346002382.htm I gave $80 on sale. PLX uses VDO sendors they are around $50 and it is included . I called PLX and although the instructions say not to use them for fuel, they say a lot do and never have any trouble. I see on you can buy a sendor specifically for fuel that has the right perameters for even less(knock off).http://prosportgauges.com/performanc...re-sender.aspx otherwise https://www.summitracing.com/parts/vdo-360025/overview/
Couger1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 05:10 PM   #7
Quickstop [UK]
Combating adversyty.

You are selling them? For $80?

That's cool but the issue is I want the giant 2 5/8 gauge pod hole filled and the other gauges are Phantoms. Maybe I should get a clock?

I love
video!
Old 03-15-2017, 05:25 PM   #8
Couger1968
Dazed and Confused

I see, I don't know why the price swings so much. I figured you had a PLX with a DM-6. I didn't want to mount another gauge since fuel pressure along with O2 is kind of redundant. It just daisied right onto the DM-6 and I just toggle to it to check it.
Old 03-15-2017, 05:27 PM   #9
0966Sy
Code what?

I had an old cobalt fail, I sent it in. They said they couldn't fix it. They gave me a new one for like $100 I think. And they sent my old one back. Beats buying a new one for $250+
91 SY #966
92 Teal TY #414 Nats 05 Pure Stock Champ
92 4dr T15 Jimmy 4x4
0966Sy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 05:45 PM   #10
Couger1968
Dazed and Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couger1968 View Post
https://www.plxdevices.com/Fluid-Oil...7346002382.htm I gave $80 on sale. PLX uses VDO sendors they are around $50 and it is included . I called PLX and although the instructions say not to use them for fuel, they say a lot do and never have any trouble. I see on you can buy a sendor specifically for fuel that has the right perameters for even less(knock off).http://prosportgauges.com/performanc...re-sender.aspx otherwise https://www.summitracing.com/parts/vdo-360025/overview/
I was not entirely correct with a Christmas sale I got it for $89.99, but had a $12.97 shipping charge.
Old 03-20-2017, 09:20 AM   #11
Quickstop [UK]
Combating adversyty.

Sent it in today. $25 in shipping and packing... presumably the same to send it back and then the repair cost on top.

Hopefully they can fix it though. Maybe I just need to ditch the guage pod and stick with my DM 6 and link up as mentioned. I just like all the lights and dials!

I love
video!
Google Ads