User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: syty performance (rpm motorsports)

syty performance (rpm motorsports) syty performance (rpm motorsports)
    Donating Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Feedback
    (0% Positive Feedback)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: syty performance (rpm motorsports)

Quote Originally Posted by Neelsonwheels View Post
    Mike used to be very responsive and a valuable member of the list.
    It seems as of late or since like 2011 he has distanced himself from the
    list and these trucks. I'm not sure why but i am sure his reasons are valid.
    A lot of folks that own these trucks want to do things on the cheap and want to hit
    people in the know for information just to go a different route. He has a business to
    run and he can't help everybody out without losing money. That said if the folks at
    RPM are not going to stand by there parts and information when selling to a good
    paying customer they need to be called out! If they don't want to support these trucks they should just bow out completely. I have called them at RPM in the recent past and kind of
    felt as I was bothering them with my business. I have subsequently stopped calling them
    completely. Good luck. Hope it works out for you. Paging Mike Lee!!

Maybe you should look up what slander means. Telling the truth about your experience with a vendor is not slander. Thinking that makes me doubt a lot of your other statements.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Feedback
    (0% Positive Feedback)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My couple of purchases from him went smoothly. Sorry yours didn't. I do know he was big in to racing side by sides and or building parts for racing them, if anyone wants to inform other potential customers.

Joe, I think you quoted the wrong thread.
    Jeff "Syclone Honesty Police" Ziembicki
    93 TY 275,000 miles or so
    2007 Trailblazer SS
    2005 Subaru STI (sleeper no hood scoop or rear wing)
    96 camaro (lifetime project that hasn't been touched in 10 years)

Donating Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Feedback
    (0% Positive Feedback)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ziembic View Post
    My couple of purchases from him went smoothly. Sorry yours didn't. I do know he was big in to racing side by sides and or building parts for racing them, if anyone wants to inform other potential customers.

Joe, I think you quoted the wrong thread.
    You're right, sorry Neelsonwheels

Donating Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Feedback
    (0% Positive Feedback)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by syclone3 View Post
    I have bought from RPM and had no problems. Not to say we all don't have different experiences with vendors. Many large name companies I have had horror stories with. Good bad or indifferent. I don't understand other members saying to follow whatever other products they sell and or slander them on forums. Doesn't really make much sense to me. What are in grade school? Again that's my opinion. Few people have all the info today yet make such profound comments and claims. All in an age where information is pushed around with a bulldozer daily.
    To the original poster. Pistons aren't cheap. Not fun to pull and rebuild a Sy engine at any cost. Guess you could look at the bright side that you didn't lose the whole engine. Which happens. I know all too well. Fix it with good parts. Or as you say slap it together and sell it to someone else.
    Should have been this thread, I replied too

Post Thanks / Like
    My Feedback
    (0% Positive Feedback)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just curious. Are you referring to Race Proven Motors out of Cali? Or RPM Motorsports out of North Carolina? Cause both are into the Chevy/GMC performance.
    Rob
    Syclone
    72 Chevelle SS convertible

Post Thanks / Like
    My Feedback
    (0% Positive Feedback)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Race Proven Motors out of California.

13.84 @ 98 mph RydinLowSince2000's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Feedback
    (0% Positive Feedback)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It seems a majority of people nowadays in general lack integrity I've been bailed out by a member before on buying a part that wouldn't have worked on my Ty for long. & that wasn't even a vendor. Do your homework & Be very Careful who you buy from especially for something so rare.I've looked @ RPMs over priced Sy/Ty motors for years and may have considered them one day but probably not because stuff like this. F all the shysters that will say anything for a buck!!
    92' Typhoon # 1326
    06' Volvo S60 R
    17' Chevy SS
    15' Chevy SS

Post Thanks / Like
    My Feedback
    (0% Positive Feedback)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just my $0.02... I've never had a bad experience with Mike, and I've bought a bunch of stuff from him since 2001. Mike used my Ty to mock up his catback exhaust and I haven't had a problem with that at all. I did decide to cut the tail pipe off and just go with a turn down after the muffler... Nothing wrong with his setup, I had the same thing on my Syclone and just prefer the cleaner look of no exhaust pipe sticking out the back of the truck. I can't speak to custom heads, engines, or headers etc, since I never bought those from him.

It does seem as though he's taking his business in a different direction. Prices on SyTy stuff went up quite a bit on his store, and availability of things seems low. But let's be honest for a minute, this is an extremely niche market and I certainly don't expect anyone would be able to keep the lights on catering solely to these trucks. I'm not saying that gives him the right to screw someone with bad business practices... I'm just saying, I'm not at all surprised he's going in another direction, and is not overly concerned with his reputation among this very small and dwindling community. I do agree with the sentiment that if he's no longer interested in this market, then he should just bow out completely instead of sticking around with one foot out the door. If it were me, I'd just have a blowout sale at the shop, try to break even, and be done with it. I'd rather do that, than be thought of as the guy who's just put in his 2 weeks notice, and doesn't give a shit about anything, and is only showing up as a formality.

One constant that has always made me laugh about these trucks over the past 16 years is the conceived "value" of them. You'll get guys saying "This is BS! These trucks should blue book for well over 20k!!!". 2 weeks later, someone posts a craigslist ad with a low mileage Ty asking 20k and the same guy will scoff and say "psshh he's crazy! I'd give him $13k, tops!!!". I can only imagine how bad it must be to try to run a business based around these trucks and then have to deal with the aforementioned type of person on a regular basis.

I feel like my post is a local news interview with a neighbor after a double homicide... "Yeah, everyone in the neighborhood knew him. He was always so nice, he'd invite us over for BBQ's, play with the kids... I just can't believe this happened. It's a total shock!" haha. My condolences to the OP who got ripped off. Sucks to hear.
    1991 Syclone #1931 (sold)
    1992 Typhoon #0627

To truly love these trucks, you must HATE them more.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Feedback
    (0% Positive Feedback)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mephisto View Post
    One constant that has always made me laugh about these trucks over the past 16 years is the conceived "value" of them. You'll get guys saying "This is BS! These trucks should blue book for well over 20k!!!". 2 weeks later, someone posts a craigslist ad with a low mileage Ty asking 20k and the same guy will scoff and say "psshh he's crazy! I'd give him $13k, tops!!!". I can only imagine how bad it must be to try to run a business based around these trucks and then have to deal with the aforementioned type of person on a regular basis.
    Mario and I have talked about this exact topic numerous times. Everybody's truck isn't worth that price until it's mine.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Feedback
    (0% Positive Feedback)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Damian View Post
    Mario and I have talked about this exact topic numerous times. Everybody's truck isn't worth that price until it's mine.
    Exactly! I don't wanna hijack this dudes thread.... but I'm done with the whole childhood nostalgia, and putting these trucks on a pedestal... when I first got my Syclone, I'd cruise around expecting people to break their necks to gawk at it like it was the Testarossa from Miami Vice hahaha... Fact is, no one really cares about these things like we do, especially today. These trucks are only worth what someone else is willing to pay for them, or what your insurance company will give you for it... In the grand scheme of automobiles in 2017, it's peanuts... Used honda accords are worth more than these things now haha.
    1991 Syclone #1931 (sold)
    1992 Typhoon #0627

To truly love these trucks, you must HATE them more.

Thread Information