User Tag List

Thread: A moment to reflect.

A moment to reflect. A moment to reflect.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A moment to reflect.

I've been writing this post in my head for the last week. Reviewing thoughts and highlights, and also recovering from the overworked, overtired, sleep deprived state leading up to Carlisle, and getting back to business as usual in the shop, put everything back in order and catch up on things. Its taken a bit longer than planned. I have to keep reminding myself that all this happened just last week. One week ago we were loading up trucks and trailers and still having trucks roll in on sunday afternoon! Still a sucker for S10s and blazers with body kits.

What a great event! You know it was great because within 48hours of being home, emails were going out, thoughts and ideas were culminating and files were started for next years show. The attendance was incredible. The sheer number of trucks all in one place, 46 total for the weekend, was awesome. The number and caliber of people that attended, was even more awesome. The florida crew, 3 deep, picking up trucks to deliver, buying trucks on the way, enduring a 20+ hour drive and when they do roll in, the first thing they do is unload all of the stuff they've been collecting for Harmon's Tiki Bar so we have an crazy and awesome place to hang out all weekend. And that was just the beginning. A member that was in town from California for work that extended his stay to come check out trucks and meet some people. A father and son from California, that recently purchased a Syclone, flew in for the weekend to meet other owners, learn more about the trucks and community and make plans for their project. Folks from the surrounding states that brought friends and family to be part of our gang for the weekend. Midwest guys and girls that made a sizable journey themselves, and then drove more with their truck and trailer to assist another owner that had broken down on the way to the show. The Canadians that made the trek from the north dodging snow storms, polar bears, and were able to gather significant dignitaries to join us for the weekend. New members that graciously brought and cooked for us all. The guys that couldn't attend, but still found a way to bring trucks for us to have on display for the weekend. All of you that left jobs, businesses, families and countless other things to be a part of this. My deepest and sincerest THANK YOU to you all! The effort and energy you put in to make it to these events is what makes it all possible and so great.

The usual antics that all of us were accustomed to from meets up the past were dusted off and enhanced. Long time members and owners and newbies all together. "SHOT GUNS" Harmon bombs. Pools and inflatable couches. Palm trees. Jello shots. Decorations. Snacks. For sale signs. Fixing broken trucks. Parking lot sessions. Cigars. Wienie roasting. Trucks of the FUTURE. Random birthday shots. Burnouts. Wrong turns and extended rides on the PENN turnpike. The caravans there, and on the ride home. Theres so much to recall, Its hard to remember everything. You can see some of it in the pics, but the best thing to do is be a part of it next year!

Thank you to my TEAM. Its the combined effort, understanding and support I have from everyone that helps me put this all together, make it work through the weekend and get things back to normal once we return.

This community is great. These events that bring us all together so that we can share our passion for these trucks. The memories we make. The stories and knowledge and share. The friendships we forge. Thats what makes it all worth it. It is truly a family. A family I'm proud to be a part of.

My deepest and sincerest thanks to you all! I look forward to next years event!

Tom

Pics: http://www.sportmachines.net/events-...nationals-2016
    www.sportmachines.net
    Syclone. Typhoon. Sonoma GT
    Parts. Sales. Service. Transport.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/Sportmachines Instagram: Sportmachines

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: A moment to reflect.

Well said. Who would have thought the next exit was 26 miles away. Frank got out of his truck and said "if you want to punch me in the face, you can. I would understand". At least there wasn't traffic and we could stretch our legs a bit. Looking forward to wrenchfest. Gotta keep the momentum.
    Jeff "Syclone Honesty Police" Ziembicki
    93 TY 275,000 miles or so
    2007 Trailblazer SS
    2005 Subaru STI (sleeper no hood scoop or rear wing)
    96 camaro (lifetime project that hasn't been touched in 10 years)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL, yep, I did the same thing. Mid conversation, realized the wrong way, oh wait next exit...... is 26 miles away....... darn it.

Yes wrench fest, ohio meet, Franks NJ meet perhaps. Have to keep it going!
    www.sportmachines.net

Donating Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wish I could make it to Carlisle, seems like it's a great time.

Tom, I need to coordinate the date for ohio meet with you, figure sometime mid/late September again.
    Sy 1557, 92 Ty 2298
    Former sy/ty: Sy 2248,2649 SGT 419,632 93 Ty 0079,0127 92 Ty 0386, 2017
    70 Chevelle SS, 87 Buick turbo t
    02 Corvette Z06, 00 Camaro SS convertible
    03 Harley Wide Glide, 88 firebird formula 350

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for your continued effort in supporting SyTys and being a part of the community Tom. You can definitely tell your passion for our turbo bricks and the amount of work you put into making sure we look our best. I mentioned it already, but there wasn't to many times where I saw you actually sit down and relax and not being asked questions or giving out some sort of info and help.

That was my first time at Carlisle and it was everything that I was told it would be. It's for sure a good time with plenty to see and do if want to step away from the SyTy coral for a bit an check out other stuff. Im looking forward to next year for sure and hope to see many more trucks in attendance (mine included).

For those who didn't go but wish they would have, please make the time in your schedule to go. The dates are already posted and its a guarantee it will happen. 46 trucks in one spot is definitely cool, but id love to see the old days of having 100+ trucks like KC2000 and Chitown2002. Pretty sure we could pull it off at Carlisle. 150 truck goal is doable!

And for those not in the know.... Harmon is now officially ordained and has taken the name Reverend Harmon. If you'd like to schedule your wedding at Carlisle 2017, please let one of us know so we can plan accordingly. Flow-ryduh brings the panache.

SYO237@GMAIL.COM - I CANT RECEIVE PMS ANYMORE!
    adam
    91 Syclone #237 l 11 Chevy HHR LT l 2012 2LT/45th Anniversary Camaro l ex-Typhoons/SGT #1011, #366, #1181, #299
    l SyTy Shindig Co-Founder l SyTyNats Coordinator l ISTR - SyTy Registry l HowTune

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

kudos to Tom and team as previously noted in my truck post.

And by the way, excellent choice for hotel! It was waaay nice than year 1.

Funny how we were just talking about how enthusiasm is down, and an event like Carlisle proves that we're not going anywhere. I live near so many of these jokers...and yet the only time I see them is when I drive 90 minutes west. Thirteen years in this community and many of the faces have not changed. It's nice. Can't imagine there are too many car clubs that can say that.
    Steve
    TY 0482 1992 White/Argent 43k
    SY 1548 Sold '07
    TY 1237 Sold '12
    SY 1700 sold '14
    RIP JACK 1948-2015

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks to everyone that helped, and also to those who traveled great distances to make this another great year. Good to see The Smoosh again, been a while. Nice chatting with Ian and Adam. And Harmon's tiki hut, wow. Floridians are special. Missed a couple of regulars this year, Yukon Jon and Fred. And I don't remember seeing Team Sportmachines even mention their "extra" travels. Jack's Syclone was in the building, but many may not know that is was brought there by Sportmachines. Not on the way to Carlisle, oh no. After the trip from Rochester to Carlisle, they turned around and drove almost 3 hours to Karen and Zack's house to pick up the Sy. Then drove back to Carlisle, almost 3 hours. Makes for an extremely long day. THAT is love of the game, and I thank you for that...Jim
    Still laughing at the dumb looks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well done...
    Build is srp pistons, eagle rods ,4 bolt caps,vortechs 2.02 .1.60 ,1.5 roller rockers, gtq67 turbo, 75# inj,415 cam ,mccoy a2a and new tune by phill long also waller trans,caltracs,greendots,Msd Dig 6 with 2 step, Best times so far 1.42 60ft!!!!! 6.783 at 99.56mph
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/cloneman315

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll be there next year. If my friends stop getting married on the same weekend every year...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will drag my truck there if I have to next year. I'm very glad i was there, but do wish i could have shown off my heap. With all the super nice trucks there, someone needed to have a true representation of SyTy ownership haha XD
    91 Syclone #2904
    13 Camaro SS
    94 Bravada SE
    02 ZR2 S-10

See my Sy and my shenanigans on my Instagram!
    @s10.guy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The fact that George and George flew all the way from Cali to meet us speaks volumes about the strength of the group. Meeting a Syclone owner that made the 4 1/2 hour drive to spend the day and head back home that night just to find out he literally lives around the corner from me. Money comes and goes, especially if you own one of these beasts, but nothing replaces the memories and camaraderie that is more therapeutic than most people will ever realize or experience.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your the man Tom. An even Ill never forget. Im glad I was able to go the one day.
    2011 GSXR 600
    2011 Hayabusa
    2012 Ram 3500 Cummins
    1995 Toyota Supra
    1993 GMC Typhoon #0776 White/White

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks guys for the kind words and sharing thoughts and experiences. I hope this momentum keeps up and next year is even bigger and better!
    www.sportmachines.net

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I shall bring two trucks again next year
    1990 SS 4.3 PROTOTYPE TRUCK 16 k miles new addition
    2004 chevy DURAMAX rclb few mods to come