CANADIAN 2013 Syty Nationals...

CalgarySS

1000 miles and counting..
With the last of the snow melting, more and more of the Northern Sytys are coming out of hibernation. We have to start thinking about picking dates and activities.

The last of these posts got hijacked by our Southern brothers talking about Ketchup Chips, so lets limit the discussion to thoughts on when, where, how and what.

Look to the past and think about the best parts of previous years.

CalgarySS

Re: CANADIAN 2013 Syty Nationals...

Track night?
Track rental?
Autocross?
100 foot shoot out?
Cruise?
Wrenching?
Swap meet?

Matt

Mine Ty will be fine maybe a Moretto dyno meet for my bowtie is in order, if it goes south every one can take home a little piece of the carnage as a souvenir lol

Matt

I love the drag racing but a wrench session and a gathering around a fire pit is the where the most knowledge is traded, aka "beaver tossing" lol

CalgarySS

Agreed. I have always thought of the drag racing as a critical part of the meet, but often the social gathering afterwards is the high point of the weekend.

Any dates being tossed around yet? Any dates that will absolutely NOT work for anyone?

milky 1704

026TB4U

I'm good for anytime I just need a bigger trailer to bring both. Track day is fun I may be able to make three passes this year.

Darin

I'm pretty much available anytime. We aren't planning any serious of of town trips this year.

choffert1

i'll be out for September long weekend. My town has large local drag race event that weekend Thunder in the Valley that i will be attending, but other than that iam open.

Matt

we are going to need to plan a spring meet if it ever gets here :rant:

milky 1704

026TB4U

haha i was corrected August 16-22 no good for me and September 4 -10 and no ketchup chips

gstacky

I think all you Alberta guys should load your trucks on a train and bring 'em to Ontario where we have more than 2 months of summer weather to plan a meet lol. J/K, would love to be a part of it, just so far away.

milky 1704

026TB4U

whats up with the spring meet are we gonna do this how does May 25 ,26th sound im gonna chuck out Red Deer for a meet up its central

CAMSTY

SyTy Obsessed

I fired mine up and took it out last week for the first time this spring, over the winter I forgot how much fun that little truck with a turbo was :) I sure wish it handled the shitty roads better though...

Matt

sweet my wife wants nothing to do with my Typhoon