Finally Semi-retired my Sy Jackstands!!

STOUT74

No, not by selling my truck:lol:.

Went from this, (which I'm sure most of us SyTy'ers are quite familiar with:rotf:):

FINALLY to THIS!!!:thumbsup:

Captain Morgan

Moderated User
Re: Finally Semi-retired my Sy Jackstands!!

Loved reading through Dannmars website. They try every way possible to avoid saying their shit is made in China. All they talk about is how its "Engineered in the USA" and that "some" of the power units are 100% made, but only on the lifts which specify it. :roll:

spooldup

Nice! I have their maxjax in my shop and its awesome. The owner of bendpak designed the maxjax but dannmar bought the rights to it. The seals inside the pistons are hercules seals which are usa made. I was told these are assembled in china with some parts from here according to the tech i spoke with at danmar.

Captain Morgan

Moderated User

My main concern is where are they welded. I couldn't give two shits where they are designed, engineered, checked, tested, shipped from or where the seals are made. If they are made with cheap Chinese steel, welded with cheap Chinese labor with less care and tolerances than a USA or even Japanese made product, it can go in the dumpster. I understand they are tested, but they don't test them all and it only takes one poor weld to ruin your day.

spooldup

Yea i dont know where the steel is made. I wondered that myself. I am no expert but looking at mine it appears to be made very well.

STOUT74

I did quite a bit of research on these before I pulled the trigger, as well as talking to a few people who had the same unit. The Dannmar unit I got is the 10ACX. Dannmar bought the design from BendPak, they didn't even change the model number. Here's a two lift comparo on the BENDPAK site,http://www.bendpak.com/a-study-in-lift-design/Two-Post-Lift-Comparison/, it's the EXACT same lift as the bendpak, just black. As for the welds, the unit itself looks flawless. The unit comes with a 1 year warranty on parts & 2 years on structure. It's also ALI & ETL certified, not all lifts are. I'm pretty happy with it & I'd defiantly recommend Dannmar. When the lift arrived on Tuesday via truck, the carrier had scratched both posts. I took a couple of pics & sent it to asedeals, who I bought it through. Wednesday morning, a rep from Dannmar had called me to talk about the shipping damage but I missed the call. I wasn't able to call him back that day, but the following day, HE called me back again. He asked if the lift was already installed, which it was, I couldn't wait. He said since it was already installed (he was willing to ship a new lift it was still packaged) he'd get out a can of touch-up. Then he offered me a 8 gallon roll around oil drain($135) for my trouble. Wow, track me down & give me free shit, OK.:tup: Like it won't be the first scratches on it.;)

Last edited:

ajt86

I have a atlas lifts sold by greg smith equipment, they are imported lifts. I buy the 10,000lb astrmtrical with no bottom plate

ive put countless fully loaded diesel trucks on it and its never even struggled. after 5 years of service they still act like they are brand new- I paid around 2000 each for them

the equivalent bendpak or challenger at the time was around 6000$ for the same specs, while working at a gmc dealer I had the lift pad shear off of a bendpak lift and damage a truck.

since I went the cheaper route we are meticulous about the maintenance on them and inspect them regularly for any cracks or structural problems- haven't had a problem yet