Kenne Bell headers burnt #2 spark boot

Sy644

DEAF Syclone
Like title say.
I’m running on TR6 plugs and it’s all fine but #2 always burnt to the boot. It got burnt when I arrived at Ice Cream Cruise that 1320video hosted.
Even with double themo sleeves and burnt it.
I’m look at ACCEL shorty spark plug, copper one. Would it work? Which?
I’m also look at ceramic spark boots, any good?IMG_6927.jpeg

Sy644

DEAF Syclone
Forget to add, I had heads swap with a 2001 Silverado 4.3 Vortec heads if any helpful. I’m trying to figure out how much “reach” I can run on shorty spark plugs. 6 heat range for sure?

syclone3

Have Kenne Bell headers on one of my Syclones. Using NGK plugs and Magnacor wires. Heat sleeves from Summit. Headers are 2200 deg coated. This co does coatings for Yoshimura

graham1524

On my headers I had to notch the pipe for more spark plug clearance. No mater what I did it would always burn that plug wire

syclone3

Coated helpful?
Everything I have that is turbo is coated. Manifolds. Turbine housing. Downpipe. Except for my all original trucks. Have a chassis dyno and the things I see that could be avoided on customers vehicles. Heat prevention products have come a long ways in the last 20 years.

Sy644

DEAF Syclone
Everything I have that is turbo is coated. Manifolds. Turbine housing. Downpipe. Except for my all original trucks. Have a chassis dyno and the things I see that could be avoided on customers vehicles. Heat prevention products have come a long ways in the last 20 years.
You ever burnt boot/wire on #2? Factory Kenne bell headers without cutting/notched like Graham did?

syclone3

You ever burnt boot/wire on #2? Factory Kenne bell headers without cutting/notched like Graham did?
Never burned any wires. Had my headers 2100 deg coated. Used sleeves on a few wires. I dont use sparkplugs that are taller than the OEM either.