Parting out 91 Syclone 0115

STOUT74

So I ran over to South Lake Tahoe last friday & picked up this truck. Just a little 17 Hour round trip:squint:. Once I got it back & gave it a good looking over, I've decided to part it out instead of trying to put it back together. When I bought it, the transmission & transfer case were in the bed of the truck. There was no battery in it either, so I couldn't see if it ran. The paint job is "new", but it's defiantly a 20' job. It looks pretty good from 20' away, up close, there's lots of little issues. The body though is straight as an arrow. No rust. Same with the frame. It's unfortunate, if the paint was better, I'd have put it back together. I got it back to the shop today, threw a battery in it, drained the gas, which I think was straight turpentine:rotf:, put some fresh in & BAM, it fired right up. The motor sounds really good. It's #0115, Shaun Palmers old truck RPM did. It has an RPM air to air, ATR headers, Upgraded turbo(I'll know the size tomorrow), ATR Downpipe & wastegate, great running "stock performance" motor from RPM(will post vid of it running), nice interior, big stereo system. I'll start taking it apart tomorrow & will post all individual pics & prices here. The truck is actually in really good shape, so let me know what you need.

typhoon92

Donating Member
Re: Parting out 91 Syclone 0115

I would be interested in the following, wheels, bottom rocker panels both sides, some interior parts

fivetodrive

CRISPY

That totally sucks... I tried to get this $5000 truck to save not part out...

What a waste of a nice truck... paint can be fixed a lot easier than rust...

Z SKI

Donating Member

Hey Len,

How many miles on the truck?? You might do better putting it back together and selling it whole.. At least for times sake...

See ya...

Don W.

Stab it and steer it

Hood. Maybe the A2A? I'd have to see pics.

I agree though, should try to save it.

STOUT74

That totally sucks... I tried to get this $5000 truck to save not part out...

What a waste of a nice truck... paint can be fixed a lot easier than rust...

Shoot me a PM if you want it. I'll consider it. Unfortunately, it's worth more in parts than whole. I consider it this way, this one truck may not be on the road anymore, but it will help many other trucks to remain on the road. I fought with this decision, to part it or to fix it. For me to get this to a quality I would feel good selling to someone would run it the 3-5G's range + my time, which I don't have for another project. BTW I didn't pay $5000, not even close.:tup:

Last edited:

fivetodrive

CRISPY

She stopped answering my calls and I had transport heading through Tahoe... Bummer. She really wanted cash...

Sending you a PM...

atomicmecha

I hate rust

pencil me in for the driver side fender cladding. possibly the passenger side as well.

Norm

Donating Member

I'd be interested in a couple of center caps, also what kind of shocks are under it. Figured they might be upgraded if it was Shaun's old truck.