Shindig 2014 Attendance

GarnetTy1473

Donating Member
Re: Shindig 2014 Attendance

73 days and counting. Let's get some more committed. I'll have the tee design to show off this week I hope.
I'm still a hopefully. I start a new job on Monday, so I don't have the time off yet. But, I get the Fridays off following a Saturday I work. Hoping to schedule my Saturday the week before, so I can have the Fri of Shindig off and fly down either Thurs night or Fri morning.

sytyguy

Moderated User

Will have registration open very soon. Also, this year, we are giving cash back to the winners of racing. Categories will be announced soon.

sytyguy

Moderated User

mason.jpg

Just ordered 3 dozen of these. They'll be engraved with your name (however you want it shown) and "Shindig 2014". Everybody gets one with registration.

Also, there will be no guest charge this year, but a shirt for each guest will need to be purchased separately. So, all there will be is a base registration cost, which includes your tee shirt, meals (for you and guests), mason jar mug, entrance to autocross, and private kissing booth with Harmon.

ziembic

Donating Member

Me, Brandon(Aeroking) and Tom (Sportmachines) may also be going with trucks! Do I hear a northeast caravan??

I am going, and I believe that Keith is going, so this sounds like the beginning of a decent convoy. I will not be in my TY though.

GarnetTy1473

Donating Member

I won't be able to make it after all. Work is too busy right now, and with me being low man, not going to get the time off. Plus, we just had an offer accepted on a house we wanted to buy, and it looks like we'll be closing on Oct 3rd.

sytyguy

Moderated User

What kind of time will be spent at the track?

The drag strip has always suffered at Shindig because we've always had it in November and the track was like ice. So, we moved it up a month this year in hopes of having a more successful time at the drag strip. In addition to that, we going to to visit the drag both Friday and Saturday nights. So, if one night has poor weather, the other might not......or we could just do 2 nights of racing. So, depending on weather, we hope to spend a good 4-5 hours at the drags both nights.

And for the autocross, we'll be on course from 9am-2pm, give or a take an hour. Weather is no issue here as we'll run in the rain, which will result in no change in Harmon's times.

Lastly, our local drag is an 1/8 mile that attracts 100 or so people a night when they run. Due to this, there are no guarantees with them. I've tried to get them to commit to our dates, but outside of renting the track (not an option), we're at their mercy. As we get closer, I should be able to get some commitments from them.

And if all else fails, we're about 1:45 from Carolina Dragway in Jackson, SC.....so if everyone would rather visit a 1/4 mile drag (it's a good track), then we could make the trek. It's never been in the cards due to distance, but if 3.5 hrs round trip is worth it to y'all, it's worth it to me.

sytyguy

Moderated User

We've drummed up some locals to do some [slightly-less-than-legal] racing on a street that [probably-isn't-a-dragstrip]. You're all welcome to come and watch, but you can join in too if you'd like. If anyone is interested, LMK and I'll inform the guys.

jeepruby04

I will not be able to attend this year.
My step-daughter was rear ended in Indy two weeks ago and it has turned into a huge mess. She is for the most part fine except for wiplash and lower back bruising. However the police and insurance companies have been less than helpful, so I am staying here to deal with these issues.
I have not cancelled my hotel reservation yet if anyone still needs a room.

sytyguy

Moderated User

I will not be able to attend this year.
My step-daughter was rear ended in Indy two weeks ago and it has turned into a huge mess. She is for the most part fine except for wiplash and lower back bruising. However the police and insurance companies have been less than helpful, so I am staying here to deal with these issues.
I have not cancelled my hotel reservation yet if anyone still needs a room.

Very sorry to hear about the wreck and that you won't be attending. I'll get you a refund ASAP. We may be interested in taking your room. Let me talk to Adam tomorrow and I'll let you know for sure.

Ian Turgeon

Cascading Inspiration

Decided to change my intercooler housing today, only to realize something else is totally buggered now.

Apparently I unknowingly stepped into a time machine at some point, it's been 17 months since I last started the truck (I thought it was like 6).

I keep it plugged into a battery tender, so that seems fine. However the truck runs like hell.

I pumped all the gas out and put new gas in, but the conditions persist. I have a new laptop setup and still have an old auto prom I use for datalogging. I haven't been able to get it to read the ALDL data stream today.

It starts right up, but idles rich, sounds a bit off, a few misses. If I tip the throttle it spikes super lean, breaks up a bit then raises in revs. Do this a few times and it decides idle is at 1800 rpm.

Drop it in gear and it settles down to normal in-gear rpm, but giving it any gas drops super lean and just can't gain any rpm. It'll only move under it's own power if I don't touch the pedal.

The check engine light never turns off, even after resetting the computer. Key on - it's on and stays on. Bridging the ALDL pins on the top right has no effect.

so far: unhappy. I'll post this elsewhere to see if anyone has any ideas.